Saturday, March 27, 2010

Awesome Site

TO THE EDITOR:

I had to let you know how much I enjoyed reading the interviews on your site. I am a 49-year-old, who grew up in Bristol, Va. and moved to Colorado in 1970. Currently, my husband, Rex and I own and operate the Scott County Virginia Star in Gate City. I found your site when I was trying to find something about Doretha Ross and I read her story.

I love that you have preserved your history but it breaks my heart to read the about injustice and suffering that you all have to live with.

It is my hope that maybe someday racism, sexism, and all the other "isms" will be wiped out of our vocabulary.

Good luck and I look forward to the unveiling of your state historic sign.

Thanks for keeping history alive,

Lisa Watson McCarty
Scott County Virginia Star
PO Box 218
Gate City, VA 24251
276.386.6300
Fax 276.386.2354